Enjoying the Best of Plano and Surrounding Areas
Living at The Legacy Willow Bend comes with a lot of perks. With amazing activity programs, top-notch services and amenities, as well as thought-provoking and compelling events, there is always something interesting going on at our community. But the fun doesn’t stop there, as we are in an ideal location with countless things to do in the surrounding area.
Forbes magazine rated Plano the “Safest City in America” and the “Top Suburb to Live Well,” and it’s not hard to see why. From shopping to sports, outdoor activities to places of worship, there is something for everyone.
For those who live to shop, this is the place to be. The Legacy Willow Bend is located right next to some of the best shopping destinations in Greater Dallas including:
- The Shops at Legacy – A destination for gifts and high fashion, The Shops at Legacy features boutique-clothing stores, trendy eateries and a bustling nightlife. Highlights include Kendra Scott, Seasons 52, and The Angelika Film Center.
- The Shops at Willow Bend – With a wide variety of shops from Ann Taylor to the Apple Store, from Claire’s to Crate and Barrel, there’s almost nothing you can’t find. The Shops at Willow Bend also have a number of fast-casual dining options in the food court.
- Legacy West – Featuring upscale and couture shopping in addition to multiple fine-dining restaurants such as Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House, Tommy Bahama Restaurant and Bar, North Italia, and Legacy Hall, this outdoor development is an amazing destination for those with a taste for the finer things in life.
In addition, Stonebriar Centre mall is about ten minutes north of The Legacy Willow Bend, and the Galleria Dallas is just about fifteen minutes to the south. Both offer numerous shopping, dining and entertainment options.
For sports lovers, there are a number of opportunities in Plano, Frisco and Dallas, including:
- Pepper Ballpark – Home of the Frisco RoughRiders, it seats about 10,000 – big enough to guarantee a good time for baseball lovers, but small enough to feel like a hometown team.
- Globe Life Park – For those who want a major league baseball experience, The Legacy Willow Bend is less than an hour from the home of the Texas Rangers.
- The Star in Frisco – The 91-acre campus is home to the world headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys. Visitors can step foot on an outdoor turf practice field to test their football skills or check out the Ford Center – a state-of-the-art indoor football stadium which also hosts a number of fascinating events – as well as an entertainment district featuring restaurants, shopping outlets, the Omni hotel and more.
Nature and Outdoor Activities
Nature lovers will appreciate that despite the urban sprawl of Dallas to the south, the Plano area has several parks to enjoy, including:
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve – Arbor Hills is a 200-acre nature park with hiking and cycling trails, pavilions, playgrounds, and an observation tower which affords a spectacular view of the city.
- Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve – Plano’s largest park, the grounds cover more than 800 acres of beautiful Texas wilderness, with nearly ten miles of nature trails to explore.
In addition to the religious programming featured at The Legacy Willow Bend, the community is surrounded by places of worship for nearly all faiths. These include:
- Congregation Anshai Torah (synagogue)
- Trinity Presbyterian Church
- Atonement Lutheran Church
- Christ United Methodist Church
- Islamic Association of Collin County (mosque)
For the history buffs, there are several interesting destinations in the area. There are a several museums, including:
- The Cavanaugh Flight Museum – Restores, maintains, displays and operates historically significant vintage aircraft. You can even arrange rides in the vintage planes!
- The Interurban Railway Museum – This is an interactive museum for children and adults of all ages. Visitors can learn about the history of The Texas Electric Railway and the science behind how it worked.
- The Heritage Farmstead Museum – The 1891 Plano homestead is now a living museum.
- Historic Downtown Plano & Historic Downtown Carrollton – these historic downtown areas are treasure troves of history, and they also offer fun and interesting places to eat, shop and play.
All of these destinations contribute to the lifestyle not only of the Plano/Frisco area, they also speak to the lifestyle at The Legacy Willow Bend. Our residents actively enjoy their retirement and take full advantage of all that the area has to offer. If you are interested in learning more about the lifestyle of The Legacy Willow Bend, you can check out our community by taking a tour or get more information by calling (972) 468-6208.