The Legacy Knit and Crochet Club works year-round making hats, scarves, dolls, and washcloths. This week, the club distributed over 4,500 handmade pieces to 15 local agencies that serve low-income and/or at-risk individuals and families. Since The Legacy Knit and Crochet Club began in 2010, over 42,000 handmade items have been donated to the greater Dallas community.
- Agencies receiving donations this year include:
- Cathedral of Hope
- Children’s Hospital of Plano
- Christ United Methodist Church Plano
- Cochran Chapel
- Mesquite Independent School District
- Dallas Police Department Mentoring Program
- Hope’s Door, Minnie’s Food Pantry
- NCJW – Mosaic Family Services / West Dallas Elementary Schools
- Plano Independent School District
- Vickery Meadow Food Pantry and Clothes Closet
- Plano Police Department
- Streetside Showers
- Dallas Police Department North Central Division – Anne Frank Elementary School
- Jewish Family Service
Mark your calendar for Sunday, April 14! The Legacy is hosting its inaugural Mah Jongg tournament benefiting The Legacy Knit and Crochet Club. Stay tuned for more information!
Support The Legacy Senior Communities Foundation to create more moments like this. We honor seniors with compassionate, dignified care, guided by Jewish values. With annual contributions exceeding $1 million, we provide charitable care to Dallas-area Jewish seniors. Your support sustains The Legacy Difference, offering Jewish life initiatives, Kosher dining, events, transportation, security, and more. Explore our Blog every Friday for stories showcasing the vibrant lives of seniors at The Legacy Senior Communities.